Renowned Kenyan Pan-Africanist, Professor of Law and anti-corruption crusader, Patrick Loch Otieno (PLO) Lumumba, has been confirmed as one of the keynote speakers at the upcoming Africa’s Travel and Tourism Summit (ATTS).
Hosted by the Department of Tourism and South African Tourism, ATTS will take place from 19 to 21 September 2021. It is expected to bring together hundreds of tourism professionals from different parts of the world. The event will look at best practices for brand Africa, sectoral transformation, leisure and business opportunities, strengthening and enabling economic capabilities and product showcase.
Prof Lumumba will be in conversation with Victor Kgomoeswana, author of Africa is Open for Business and Africa Bounces Back. The conversation will look at Changing The Face of Tourism: A Case Study in how the face of leadership within the tourism sector impacts transformation. The event will take place on the 20th of September 2021 between 15h20 and 16h20 (South African time).
In Prof Lumumba, ATTS could not have found a more appropriate proponent of reigniting the African tourism industry. A Pan Africanist who is passionate about promoting equal rights, good governance and African unity. Prof has delivered a number of memorable keynote speeches on allowing Africa to own and define its agenda and is a proponent of advancing the African identity.
Let’s take a look at some other speakers and moderators at the upcoming Travel & Tourism Summit (ATTS).
- Natalia Bayona, Director of the Innovation, Education and Investments Department World Tourism Organization (UNWTO),
- Dr Morena Makhoana, the CEO of Biologicals and Vaccines Institute of Southern Africa (Biovac),
- Chris Lehane, the Head of Global Policy and Communications at Airbnb,
- Fouad Caunhye, the Deputy Chairperson of Board of Airline Representatives South Africa (BARSA)
- Ambassador Bene L M’Poko, currently Ambassador of the Democratic Republic of Congo to the Republic of South Africa and Dean of the African Diplomatic Corps;
- Benjamin Adam Roberts (Hon.), economist, entrepreneur, businessman, and author,
- David Frost, CEO of SATSA – The Voice for Inbound Tourism in Southern Africa,
- Gillian Saunders, Independent Tourism and Hospitality Adviser
These are among just a few of the many speakers who will take the stage virtually and for some physically, at the venues that have already been announced.
A few of the confirmed moderators
- One of Africa’s most respected and well-known broadcaster Bronwyn Nielsen will moderate 2 high-panel discussions
- The first will be on “Enhancing enablers for the inter-continental travel through sustainable investment”.
- And the second will cover “Advancing positive African narratives – the role of culture, diversity and ethics in promoting intra-Africa travel”
- Victor Kgomoeswana Author: Africa is Open for Business & Africa Bounces Back will moderate a panel discussion on “Improving Mobility: Partnering with accountable states to address barriers to travel”
Register now for Africa’s Travel and Tourism Summit and be a part of a new, reawakened Africa.