On 2 November 2015, SAACI (The Southern African Association for the Conference Industry) will boldly leap into the future of the business events sector with the launch of its online SAACI Academy, the key to brilliance within the sector.
“SAACI is recognised as the official umbrella association for the business events sector in Southern Africa. The aim of the new SAACI Academy is to leap into the future with excellence by adding another great benefit to our membership” says SAACI CEO, Adriaan Liebetrau.
Liebetrau confirms that any association’s key goal is to enhance the professionalism of its members. In the past this has been achieved by hosting training programs, workshops and conferences throughout the year. “There is a great need for skilled staff in our sector and the SAACI Academy will bridge the massive skills shortage gap, which we face as a region. We have decided to launch an online academy which members can access, at any time and by means of any web-enabled device, thus cutting costs and time out of the office.
The main focus of SAACI Academy is not only the Hospitality and Tourism Industries, but a broad spectrum of other courses covering skills development in general, are accredited. SAACI Academy has partnered with some of the best training institutions and industry bodies available in South Africa to offer courses which meet the official requirements set for academic excellence and practical application. These courses are assured to meet national and international quality standards. The spectrum of courses will expand continuously in order to meet the ever changing demand of the South African business landscape.
So, how do you sign up?
- Visit www.saaci.org or www.saaci-academy.org to register and start preparing for brilliance.
- A variety of membership packages are available, each with different benefits and cost structure. Monthly subscriptions will ensure access to a wide variety of courses at an affordable rate.
- Employers must register on behalf of employees.
- Once registered, login details will be e-mailed, which will ensure access to the SAACI Academy Learning Management System (LMS) platform, where the future begins.
- SAACI Academy members will be able to access reports and related important information from the LMS, providing a means of monitoring an employee’s performance and ensuring value for money.
Contact person with more info (media liaison with cell number)
Name and Surname: Jenny la Grange
Title SAACI Academy: General Manager
Cell Number: +27 844 462 2111