One of Africa’s largest providers to the exhibitions and conferences industry, 3D Group, has responded to client requests and launched an Events Division.
This brings to nine the number of specialist disciplines that work in harmony to provide a professional, turnkey exhibition experience for exhibition organisers and exhibitor companies alike. The division will be headed by Paula Fernandes, who joins 3D Events after 14 years in the industry.
According to sales and marketing director, Conrad Kullmann, long-standing clients have been requesting 3D’s assistance with those events they typically schedule to take place at the exhibitions in which they participate. These include taking care of every need on the exhibitor’s stand, issuing invitations and monitoring RSVPs, activations, entertainment and reveals, sourcing corporate gifts, assisting procure corporate uniforms and having promotional staff on hand to physically man the stand.
In addition, 3D Events will also offer event management and the application of project management to the creation and development of events such as festivals, conferences, launches, golf days, open days etc. The benefit for clients, explained Kullmann, is that 3D will offer a turn-key solution from designing the theme and concept, planning the logistics, appointing the supply chain and co-ordinating the technical aspects before actually launching the event.
One quote, one invoice and one contact person working hand-in-hand with the client is the recipe for a smooth running, seamless and impactful event, he said. “For some time now, clients have asked us why – if 3D provides the majority of services exhibitors require – we have never offered to assist during the duration of the exhibition. They see us providing event management and services associated with it as complementary to stand design, build, furnishing etc.
“So, we’ve done just that, in a bid to ensure the turnkey service offered by 3D Group is as complete – holistic – as possible.”
3D Group is head officed in Linbro Business Park in Johannesburg. Its other eight divisions include:
- 3D Design, which also has an office in Cape Town, is one of the largest exhibition stand design and construction companies on the continent. It specialises in custom modular (Octanorm) and custom (wood) exhibition stands, and is often the recipient of ‘best stand’ awards for stand design and construction excellence. Through the Octanorm global network, it is also able to complete projects in numerous other countries worldwide.
- With over a decade of experience during which it has grown into preferred supplier status to most of the larger exhibitions and events in South Africa, 3D Shell excels at providing an exhibition infrastructure service company to exhibition and event organisers. Most recently, 3D Shell launched EaziXpo, an online exhibitor and services management system. Based on workflow principles and housed in the cloud, it does away with the need for the endless paper trial and complicated spreadsheets of data, historically proven to be unreliable because of human error, to provide an elegant solution for managing all aspects of the exhibition, including money collection for extra services.
- 3D Branding Solutions, for example, carries the Octanorm ‘Vario’ range of portable display products. The beauty of the Vario range is that the items are connectable, interchangeable and adaptable giving the exhibitor a wide range of displaying options and configurations to choose from, as well as the opportunity to grow the display as and when required.
- There’s also a leading edge audio, visual and IT hire business, which provides equipment and the manpower to install it and ensure it works seamlessly.
- 3D Furniture Hire started business over 15 years ago with 3 tables and 6 chairs. Today, it stocks over 8 000 items including fridges, coffee machines, couches, chairs, barstools and brochure holders in its 1 000m2 warehouse.
- Equally long in business, Switched-On-Electrical supplies lighting solutions to not only the 3D Group, but also to a host of other exhibition stand builders and event companies. It stocks over 3 000 fittings from spotlights, hanging lights, colour changing LED lights to chandeliers and specialised lighting.
- State-of-the-art computerised board cutting machines and a 100m2 spray booth provide clients with access to 3D’s customisation expertise for bespoke exhibition stands, shop-fitting, and custom made point of sale display units.
- There’s also a team of graphic designers and a printing plant capable of printing large scale graphics for use on stands, as well as in smaller formats to complement the overall exhibition visitor experience.