Since 1980, the annual Site Crystal Awards Recognition Programme has provided industry acclaim for world-class organisations that excel in the design of unique, memorable group travel experiences that deliver measurable benefits for their clients. Today, the awards serve as a benchmark for incentive travel programmes and are regarded as the highest honour in the motivational events and incentive travel industry.
“The Crystal Award is the most prestigious form of recognition in the global incentive travel industry,” said Paul Miller, Site president 2014. “The award not only recognises the outstanding organisations that win them, but also showcases the innovative ways planners can create extraordinary motivational experiences to maximise human potential and achieve tangible business results for their companies.”
During the Site Global Conference 2014, 14-17 November in Rotterdam, Netherlands, nine companies were recognised for creativity in programme design, marketing, corporate social responsibility and, most importantly, business results. Incentive programmes held between 1 May 2013 and 1 May 2014 were eligible and entries were evaluated by an independent panel of judges. The winners included tourism organisations, incentive agencies, destination management companies and their clients, from a variety of industries worldwide.
This year’s winners are:
• Most effective incentive marketing campaign: Aimia, Minneapolis, Minnesota, US
• Most Outstanding Single Motivational Event: Mfactor Meetings, San Carlos, California, US
• Most Impactful Effort Toward Corporate Social Responsibility: Dragonfly Africa, Johannesburg, South Africa
• Best Destination-Based Incentive Travel Programme: Dubai Business Events – the Official Convention Bureau, Dubai, UAE
• Exceptional Motivational Travel Programme: North America: Fourth Wall Events, New York City, New York, US
• Exceptional Motivational Travel Programme: South America: AV Business & Communications, Buenos Aires, Argentina
• Exceptional Motivational Travel Programme: Europe: PR Incentives DMC– Catania/Rome, Italy
• Exceptional Motivational Travel Programme: Africa/Middle East: Crystal Events & Incentives, Cape Town, South Africa
• Exceptional Motivational Travel Programme: Asia/Pacific: China Star Ltd., Beijing, China
The Site Crystal Awards Recognition Programme is sponsored by the IMEX Group, the worldwide exhibition for incentive travel, meetings and events.
Case studies and videos showcasing all 2014 award-winning programmes can be viewed at www.SITEglobal.com/crystals2014